Sunday 16 February 2020
125m Swim/6km Bike/1.5km Run
325m Swim/14km Bike/3km Run
Registration Closes Friday 14 February
Results will be available here on race day.
Results can also be viewed within the race result platform HERE!!
There is no competitor tracking for this event.
Reference Guide: Dark Colour are Males and Light Colour are Females.
1. You can locate a swimmer by tapping on the search box and either scrolling down until you find them or type in their name or number.
2. A swimmer in the search area who is bold means that they are being detected and should appear on the map, a swimmer who is faded means that more detections are required to determine their position and hence appear on the map.
3. If you click on the persons name it will highlight them in the map. You can highlight multiple people.
4. The information below the swimmer refers to i) their speed, ii) their distance swum, iii) elevation from sea level and iv) distance to finish.
5. You can zoom in and out on the map and even change it’s orientation – this is a lot easier to do in the app.
Key points about the tracking we use for the Open Water Swimming Series
1. The data used for the tracking is collected by transmitters sitting on top of the swim buoys.
2. It will usually take a few minutes after the race has started for a competitor to appear on the screen.
3. The race tracking is “predictive” only and the swimmers position on the map can change due to alterations in speed and conditions. It relies totally on the timing chip being clear of the water for certain periods of time so that it can be detected by the transmitters.
4. This type of tracking technology is 12 months old and Swimming WA are one of the first groups ‘globally’ to use it within a ‘purely’ swimming environment. The swimming environment is challenging, however, after every race the data is analysed and modifications are made to the software to continually enhance it’s accuracy.
N.B. For all PAST EVENT RESULTS please refer to the CALENDAR page and click on the event you are interested in.