19th May 2019: Newman Triathlon
Competitor Tracking - No Tracking for This Event!!
Key points about the tracking we use for the Open Water Swimming Series
1. The data used for the tracking is collected by transmitters sitting on top of the swim buoys.
2. It will usually take a few minutes after the race has started for a competitor to appear on the screen.
3. The race tracking is “predictive” only and the swimmers position on the map can change due to alterations in speed and conditions. It relies totally on the timing chip being clear of the water for certain periods of time so that it can be detected by the transmitters.
4. This type of tracking technology is less than 12 months old and Swimming WA are one of the first groups ‘globally’ to use it within a ‘purely’ swimming environment. The swimming environment is challenging, however, after every race the data is analysed and modifications are made to the software to continually enhance it’s accuracy.
1. You can locate a swimmer by tapping on the search box and either scrolling down until you find them or type in their name or number.
2. A swimmer in the search area who is bold means that they are being detected and should appear on the map, a swimmer who is faded means that more detections are required to determine their position and hence appear on the map.
3. If you click on the persons name it will highlight them in the map. You can highlight multiple people.
4. The information below the swimmer refers to i) their speed, ii) their distance swum, iii) elevation from sea level and iv) distance to finish.
5. You can zoom in and out on the map and even change it’s orientation – this is a lot easier to do in the app.
Competitor Tracking - RAC Karri Valley Triathlon
Reference Guide: Short Course (Yellow), Long Course (Red); Dark Colour are Males, Light Colour are Females, White are Teams